Learn how to add a new blog post to the site. Nate demonstrates installing and using the Jekyll compose command to easily create new posts in the correct folder.
- It's time to add some new posts to this Jekyll site.…Posts go in the underscore posts folder.…You can manually create a new file in that folder,…but there's an even easier way.…We'll need to install one more Jekyll plug-in first.…In the Gemfile,…I'm going to add a new line at the bottom…and say,…gem, with single quotes,…"jekyll-compose"...…then after the closing quote, comma.…I'll say "group",…colon...…and then open square brackets,…another colon.…
"jekyll_plugins".…Close square brackets.…Now I need to switch into my terminal,…and type "bundle" to install that Gem…that I just described in the Gemfile.…With that plug-in installed,…I don't have to manually create a file in the post folder.…Now I can simply do,…"bundle exec jekyll post",…and then type a title for the new post.…Let's call it,…in quotes,…"Hello world".…Switch back into my code editor.…Now I have a new file here in the post folder…called "Hello world.md".…
The file name contains the date of the post…and the name that I described.…This filename will be used to create the URL…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.