Learn how Jekyll handles standalone pages that aren't blog posts. Nate demonstrates adding a new page with Jekyll compose and how to add links between pages.
- [Nate] Not all websites are blogs,…and even blogs need some stand alone pages…that aren't blog posts.…Jekyll makes it easy to create these stand alone pages too.…Let's say I want to make a page…on my site for all my projects.…I can do bundle exec jeckyll page this time…and let's call this page projects.…Over in my editor, I have a new file called projects.md,…not inside the posts folder, outside of it.…On here I can add some content.…
I can say, maybe, my projects…and maybe a list of my projects.…Awesome static sites, other video courses, et cetera.…Now when I go start the server with bundle exec jekyll serve…and refresh my local preview site,…the theme we're using shows the new page…on the top right side, so I have a link to projects now.…The about.md file, that came out of the box…when we created a new Jekyll site,…is also one of these stand alone pages.…
Let's modify this and delete the boiler plate info.…I'll say something like, hello, I'm Nate, this is my blog…and I'll link over to that projects page.…I have some cool, this is the Markdown syntax for a link,…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.