Learn what Hugo themes are and where to find them on the web. Nate demonstrates downloading and installing a theme into an existing Hugo site.
- [Narrator] Hugo uses packages called themes…to let you easily change the look and feel of your site…or start with a prebuilt look and feel.…You can see a list of themes on the web on themes.gohugo.io.…In this course, we'll use a theme called Minimalist.…To install this theme, we need to download the theme files…into our Hugo project.…To start, I can right-click on this download link…and choose Copy Link Address.…Then I'll switch over to PowerShell.…I'm still here in my Hugo Project folder,…and I can run a git command called git submodule add,…and then paste in that link that I copied…to the Minimalist theme files.…
And finally, I need to specify…that these files should be downloaded…into the themes/hugo-minimalist-theme folder.…When I switch back to my editor, I can see that…in my themes folder, I have a new folder…called hugo.minimalist-theme.…And there's one thing I need to do…to finish installing this theme.…If I open up the exampleSite folder and then the data folder…there's this file called l10n.toml.…We need to copy this into the data folder…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a new website
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Publishing your static site
- Deploying via FTP, AWS, and Netlify
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netlify
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.