Get an overview of the next steps in learning Git.
- [Instructor] Thank you for watching … Git Essential Training. … I hope that you feel comfortable … using Git as a source code manager now. … We've learned the essential skills … you need to track the changes to files over time, … and to view and compare those changes. … These are the fundamentals you will use daily. … Use them often, and they'll become second nature. … Soon, Git will become an indispensable part … of your life as a developer. … Until next time, happy coding. … …
- Exploring the history of version control
- Installing Git on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Initializing a repository
- Writing useful commit messages
- The Git three-tree architecture
- Tracking when files are added, edited, deleted, or moved
- Viewing change sets and comparing versions
- Undoing changes and retrieving previous versions
- Ignoring changes to select files
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Git?
2. Install Git
3. Getting Started
4. Git Concepts and Architecture
5. Make Changes to Files
6. Use Git with a Real Project
7. Undo Changes
8. Ignore Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.