Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with comments and managing spam, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- View Offline
- Enabling comments on your post or pages…is a great way to interact with your community.…You can do that by going to the Genesis menu,…clicking on Theme Settings,…and going to the Comments and Trackbacks section.…You can enable comments either on posts, pages, or both.…Trackbacks are for when other people link to your site.…Say someone links to a particular post,…if you have trackbacks enabled,…you'll be able to see that.…As for comments, while they can be awesome,…they're also a spam magnet.…If you do decide to use comments,…I highly recommend using some sort of a spam plugin.…
Wordpress automatically comes installed…with the Akismet plugin.…It's fantastic, so I actually recommend just using that.…The only thing about using Akismet is you'll need…an API key to use it.…It's free for personal or non-commercial use.…You'll need to select the account option…that best matches your organization.…Once Akismet is up and running on your site,…any spam comments that come in will automatically…be put in your spam folder.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.