Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with comments and managing spam, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- Enabling comments on your post or pages…is a great way to interact with your site visitors.…You can do that by going to the Genesis menu,…and then clicking on Theme Settings.…Then look for the Comment and Trackbacks section.…You can enable comments either on post,…or pages, or both.…While comments can be awesome, they're also a spam magnet,…so if you do decide to use comments,…I highly recommend using some sort of a spam plug-in.…WordPress automatically comes installed…with the Akismet plug-in.…
It's fantastic, so I recommend just using that.…The only thing about Akismet is…you'll need an API key to use it.…So if we click on this, it'll take us to the Akismet page…where we can get our API key.…It's free for personal use,…but there is a charge for businesses.…Once Akismet is up and running on your site,…any spam comments that come in…will automatically be put into your spam folder.…From there you can check your Spam folder…to make sure nothing accidentally ended up in there,…and if not go ahead and just click the Empty Spam button…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam