Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Genesis Simple Edits plugin, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- The next plugin I'd like to show you…is Genesis Simple Edits.…This will enable us to change the copyright statement…on our site without touching any code.…Right now, it's got the default theme copyright at…the bottom, but it would be better if it…had your own custom copyright.…To get started, we'll go to our…plugin area, add and activate.…To get started, we'll go to Add New Plugins,…find the plugin, install, and activate it.…Once the plugin's activated,…they'll be a new option under the Genesis menu…called Simple Edits.…There, you can modify a handful of things…including the footer credits text.…
You'll note that there's several…short codes being used there.…If you'd ever like to see a full reference…of all short codes available for the…Genesis framework, you can check the…short code reference over at studiopress.com.…Note, you will need to be logged into…your account in order to view this page.…I'm simply going to delete everything that's…here in this footer credit text area,…and insert my own footer credits.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.