- View Offline
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Carrie Dils and I'd like to welcome you to WordPress and Genesis DIY: Photography Website. This course is part of the WordPress DIY series so while I'll be focusing on using the Genesis framework with WordPress, my colleage, Morten Rand-Hendriksen will be teaching the same course from a pure WordPress perspective. You're welcome to follow along with either one of us, or even both. For this course in the WordPress DIY series, we'll build a website for a photography business or personal photography project, from scratch using WordPress and the Genesis framework.
By the end of this course, you'll have your own custom photography website on your domain, ready to showcase your work. You'll also have some foundational knowledge you can use to continue customizing your site to fit your needs. We'll start by planning out your site's content. We'll figure out what the site requirements are, what goals we're trying to accomplish, and how all of our content will be arranged. From there we'll discuss what to look for when it comes to finding the right plugins to extend the functionality of WordPress. Next, we'll find and install a new theme and customize the appearance of our site in a way that makes the content stand out and provides a good user experience for your visitors.
Finally, I'll give you some tips for preparing your site for launch and then sharing it with the world. So, your journey to building your own website with WordPress and the Genesis framework starts here and I'm here to help you along the way. So go ahead, saddle up, and let's get started with WordPress and Genesis DIY: Photography Website.