Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video What you'll need to follow this course, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- This course is part of the WordPress DIY series. The goal of this course is to provide a quick and easy way for you to get a wedding site online. In order to do that, there's a few things you'll need to follow along with on this course. Let's take a look. For starters, you'll need a WordPress site already installed on your remote web host or a local development environment. For this course I'll be working with a remote host, but you could still follow along if you're developing locally, for now. If you need help with this step, be sure to check out the WordPress DIY: Setting up WordPress in Genesis course in the lynda.com library.
It'll get you up and running and fully ready for the next step. Next, you'll need a basic understanding of how WordPress works. If you need a refresher, be sure to check out the WordPress Essential Training course over in the lynda.com library, it's fantastic. Finally, you're gonna need the content for your website. This is the text, the images, any videos you want to show, and that sort of thing. So with your WordPress site up and running, a basic understanding of how WordPress works, and some content in mind, you're ready for the next step.
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site