Build a great community website for your volunteer organization, church, club, or special interest group with WordPress and Genesis, the WordPress theme framework.
- [Voiceover] Howdy, I'm Carrie Dils and I'd like to welcome you to WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website. In this part of the WordPress DIY series we'll build a website for a community art center from scratch using WordPress and the Genesis framework. By the end of this course, you'll have your own custom website ready to support your social organization, church, or community. You'll also have some foundational knowledge you can use to continue customizing your site in the future. We'll start by planning out the site's content, we'll determine our requirements, see what content needs to be created, and where everything's gonna go.
Next we'll find and install a new theme and customize the appearance of our site so that it meets our requirements. From there we'll discuss what to look for when it comes to finding the right plugins to extend the built in functionality of WordPress. Finally, I'll give you some tips for preparing your site for launch and then sharing it with the world. Your journey to building your own website with WordPress and the Genesis framework starts right here and I'm excited to help you along the way. Let's get started with WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam