Build a great website for your restaurant with WordPress and Genesis, the WordPress theme framework.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Carrie Dils, and I'd like to welcome you to WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website. In this part of the WordPress DIY series, we'll build a website for a restaurant from scratch using WordPress, and the Genesis Framework. By the end of this course, you'll have your own custom website ready to support your restaurant, and showcase your menu. You'll also have some foundational knowledge you can use to continue customizing your site to fit your needs. We'll start by planning out the site content. We'll determine our requirements, see what content needs to be created, and where everything is gonna go.
Next, we'll find and install a new theme and customize the appearance of our site in a way that makes the content stand out, and invites customers to come into your restaurant. From there, we'll discuss what to look for when it comes to finding the right plug-ins to extend the functionality of WordPress. Finally, I'll give you some tips for preparing your site for launch and then sharing it with the world. So your journey to building your own website with WordPress and the Genesis framework starts here. Let's get started with WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site