Build a website for your independent business in the same spirit you run it. DIY (do it yourself) with WordPress and Genesis, the WordPress theme framework.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Carrie Dils, and I'd like to welcome you to Wordpress and Genesis DIY: Freelance or Independent Website. In this part of the Wordpress DIY series, we'll build a website for a freelancer or independent consultant from scratch using Wordpress and the Genesis framework. By the end of this course, you'll have your own custom website ready to support your business and showcase your work. We'll start by planning out the site's content. We'll determine our requirements, see what content needs to be created, and decide where everything's gonna go.
Next, we'll find and install a Genesis trial theme and customize the appearance of our site in a way that makes the content stand out and invites visitors to contact you. From there, we'll discuss what to look for when it comes to finding the right plugins to extend the functionality of Wordpress. Finally, I'll give you some tips for preparing your site for launch and then sharing it with the world. So go ahead, saddle up, and let's get started with Wordpress and Genesis DIY: Freelance or Independent Website.
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam