Want to build a website for your small business? DIY (do it yourself) with WordPress and Genesis, the WordPress theme framework.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Carrie Dils, and I'd like to welcome you to "WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website". In this part of the WordPress DIY series, we'll build a website for a small business from scratch, using WordPress and the Genesis framework. By the end of this course, you'll have your own custom website, ready to support your business and showcase your offerings. You'll also have some fundamental knowledge you can use to continue customizing your site to fit your needs. We'll start by planning out the site's content.
We'll determine our requirements, see what content needs to be created, and then decide where everything needs to go. Next, we'll find and install a new theme, and customize the appearance of our site in a way that makes the content stand out, and invites customers to contact you. From there, we'll discuss what to look for when it comes to finding the right plugins to extend the functionality of WordPress. Finally, I'll give you some tips for preparing your site for launch, and then sharing it with the world. So, your journey to building your own website with WordPress and the Genesis framework starts here, and I'm glad to help you along the way.
So, go ahead, saddle up your horses, and let's get started with "WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website".
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam