Build a beautiful custom website for your wedding with WordPress and the Genesis theme framework.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Carrie Dils, and I'd like to welcome you to WordPress and Genesis DIY, the wedding website course. In this course, we'll look at all the components needed to create a beautiful wedding website based on WordPress and the Genesis Framework. I'll start by showing you how to prepare for your web project so that you're set up for success when it comes time to log in to your WordPress site and get to work. From there, we'll discuss what to look for when it comes to finding the right themes and plugins, and we'll select a theme for this course as well as some plugins that I think will come in handy for a wedding site.
Together, we'll walk through all the configuration options needed to end up with a lovely site. Our awesome site will include features like a photo gallery, RSVP capability, and even an online guest book. We'll cover all of these details plus show off a few tips and tricks along the way. This course is part of the WordPress DIY Series. While I'll be focusing on using the Genesis Framework with WordPress, my colleague, Morten Rand-Hendriksen, will be tackling the same subject but from a pure WordPress perspective. That's it.
Feel free to follow along with either of us or for more fun, both of us.
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site