Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using WordPress image and image gallery functions, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- At this point, you should already have…your key content added to your site.…What I haven't done yet is…add any images to the Media Library.…In WordPress, the Media Library is home to images,…videos, recordings, and files…that you can either directly upload here…or insert via a poster page.…So we're gonna add some photos together…and I wanna show you how it works.…Okay, so I've got some photos ready to go…and you can actually just drag…and drop them into the Media Library,…or you could click Add New, and then navigate…to where the image is on your hard drive.…
Now, WordPress actually has some…pretty nifty features built into the Media Library…for handling and editing your images.…Now, it's not exactly Photoshop,…but there are still some basic cropping…and image-rotation tools that can come in handy.…So let's take a look.…Now this is a photo of Simon, our photographer,…and let's say that we wanna crop it to be square.…We can drag that over and then over here,…it shows us how many pixels are selected,…and it looks like I didn't quite get it square,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam