Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Simple Follow Me Social Buttons Widget, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- If your restaurant has a social media presence,…it's a great idea to add links to those accounts…from your website, that way your customers…can easily connect with you around the web.…For this site, I've opted to use the simple Follow Me…Social Buttons Widget plugin.…Let's head over to our site and get it installed.…Once I activated this plugin, it gave me a notification…and you can get rid of that by just exing out.…I'd like to put these social icons in the footer…next to my testimonials.…So let's go to Appearance, Widgets, and look at that…Footer 2 Widget Area.…
We'll add the Simple Follow Me Widget…to this Widget Area and let's get to customizing.…I'm going to remove both the title and the text…and then, to link up these accounts,…simply click the icon you want to use…and at the bottom of the Widget, it brings up…a space for you to enter a URL.…Now that I've added the links to my social profiles,…there's a couple of other settings.…
I can either choose a rounded or squared style…and since I've already got those round menu sections…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.