Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress
Whether you're a novice or an advanced developer, Genesis provides the foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. Because Genesis is much more than a mere WordPress theme; it's an underlying framework of immaculate code that offers three important benefits: SEO, security, and a huge selection of design options. Learn how to get up and running with Genesis in these tutorials from Carrie Dils. She'll show you how to configure the basic settings, from selecting a layout to enabling comments; create menus and add them to your site; choose a homepage; and work with popular widgets. She also offers a few tips for when you're ready to take WordPress further with search engine optimization (SEO) and templates.
- What is Genesis?
- Which files make up a child theme?
- Setting up navigation options, breadcrumbs, and comments
- Adding custom header and footer scripts
- Working with menus
- Working with the Featured Post and Featured Page widgets
- Using the Genesis Import/Export feature
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Carrie Dils, and welcome to Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress. In this course, we'll look at installing and setting up the Genesis framework and a child theme on your WordPress site. From top to bottom, we'll explore the various configuration options you can use with Genesis. I'll start by showing you what the Genesis framework is and how to work with a child theme running on the framework. All from within your WordPress dashboard. Then, I'll show you how to use the Genesis theme settings to configure your site. After that, we'll take a look at creating menus and adding them to your site.
We'll also look at each of the widget areas and widgets you'll find in Genesis and I'll show you how to use them. Then, we'll talk about page templates, what they do, and when to use them on your site. Genesis is an incredibly popular theme framework for WordPress, supporting a strong community of designers, developers, and users like yourself. And this course will teach you all you need to know to get started with Genesis. We'll be covering all the cool features of Genesis, plus I'll share plenty of other tools and techniques along the way. My goal is for you to feel comfortable and confident as a new Genesis user.
Let's get started with Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress.
Customizing Themes with Genesis for WordPress147,132 Views
Customizing WordPress Themes: Simone56,565 Views
WordPress Plugins: Backing Up Your Site88,009 Views
Start With a Theme: Twenty Fifteen37,422 Views
WordPress Plugins: Contact Forms94,284 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,271,059 Views
HTML Essential Training3,810,033 Views