- View Offline
- What is Genesis?
- Which files make up a child theme?
- Setting up navigation options, breadcrumbs, and comments
- Adding custom header and footer scripts
- Working with menus
- Working with the Featured Post and Featured Page widgets
- Using the Genesis Import/Export feature
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Carrie Dils, and welcome to Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress. In this course, we'll look at installing and setting up the Genesis framework and a child theme on your WordPress site. From top to bottom, we'll explore the various configuration options you can use with Genesis. I'll start by showing you what the Genesis framework is and how to work with a child theme running on the framework. All from within your WordPress dashboard. Then, I'll show you how to use the Genesis theme settings to configure your site. After that, we'll take a look at creating menus and adding them to your site.
We'll also look at each of the widget areas and widgets you'll find in Genesis and I'll show you how to use them. Then, we'll talk about page templates, what they do, and when to use them on your site. Genesis is an incredibly popular theme framework for WordPress, supporting a strong community of designers, developers, and users like yourself. And this course will teach you all you need to know to get started with Genesis. We'll be covering all the cool features of Genesis, plus I'll share plenty of other tools and techniques along the way. My goal is for you to feel comfortable and confident as a new Genesis user.
Let's get started with Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.