Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Theme configuration, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- At this point, we've got the Café Pro theme…activated on our site…and it's time to go through theme setup.…Theme setup is simply the process…of configuring the theme options…so that it looks like the theme demo.…This is the really fun part…because we get to see our site coming together visually.…Before I walk you through the setup, here,…but just as a side-note, I wanted you to know…that official theme setup documentation…can be found at studiopress.com,…if you're logged into your account…and go to the Downloads page,…and then select Setup Docs for the Café Pro Theme.…
If you're working with a theme that's not from Studiopress,…you probably have access to the setup documentation as well.…If you're not sure where to find it,…just ask whoever you purchased your theme from…and they can point you in the right direction.…So going back to our WordPress Admin,…here on the Themes page,…we're going to click this Customize button…on the Café Pro Theme.…Just a note that you could also click here…on the side menu and it would take you to the same place.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site