Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the site before going live, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- If you've been following along with this course…since the beginning, you should now have a fully functional…restaurant website up at your domain.…Now before you go and tell the world about it,…there's a couple of things you'll want do to first.…I call this the Pre-launch Checklist.…For starters, you're going to want to click…through every single page of your site,…and every link that you find just to…make sure that it works.…This can be a time consuming process,…but it's much better to spend this time upfront,…than to get an email from someone after you've launched,…letting you know that you've got 404 errors on your site.…
And believe me, people will let you know.…After you've been through all your links,…you want to make sure that any forms work.…So go ahead and try filling them out from…a customer's perspective.…Make sure that they submit as expected,…and that the user receives some sort of confirmation.…Also double check that you're receiving admin…notifications for your forms.…After all, it would be a waste if putting your…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.