Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the site before going live, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- If you've been following along with…this course since the beginning,…you should now have a fully functional,…small business site set up at your domain.…Now, before you tell the world about your site,…there's a couple of things you'd want to do first.…I call this, the pre-launch checklist.…For starters, you're gonna wanna click…through every single page of your site,…and every link that you find, just to…make sure that it works as expected.…This could be a time consuming process,…but it's much better to spend this time up front…than to get an Email from someone after you've launched…letting you know that you've got 404 errors.…
And, trust me, people will let you know.…After you've been through all your links,…you wanna make sure that any forms work.…For instance, go to your contact page,…fill out the form, see that it works as expected,…and then double check that you…receive an Email notification.…Next, we want to encourage search engines to index our site.…So, if we go to Settings, and Reading,…you'll see the Search Engine Visibility.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam