Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Build out functions.php, part of WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch.
- At this point, if you've been following along with me…and doing the challenges,…you should have a function.php file that's ready to go.…You'll have your setup function complete…with some theme constants defined.…Adding theme support for the items we want…and removing those default items that we don't want.…Additionally, we've included a widget areas files…in which all of our widget areas get registered.…With these things in place, we're ready to move forward.…
- Why build a theme from scratch?
- Creating a theme folder
- Creating the CSS and PHP files
- Adding a theme setup function
- Adding features and functionality to your child theme
- Styling the theme
- Adding content to widgets
- Making the theme responsive with media queries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Theme
2. Setting Up Your Basic Theme Structure
3. Generating Site Features and Functionality
4. Building Out Your CSS
5. Going Further with CSS
6. Putting It All Together
Prepare your theme2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.