Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Build out front-page.php, part of WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch.
- In the challenge, I encouraged you to flush out…your front-page.php template by adding in a few things.…First, a set up function that would include…all of your checks to see whether or not widget…areas are active and then make calls…to specific functions that display those widgets…and hook them to a specific location.…Finally, you need to make sure…that your homepage setup function was properly hooked…into Genesis.…So, depending on whether you followed along exactly…or tried your hand at doing your own things,…your theme may or may not look just like mine.…
But at this point you should have a working homepage…that shows your widgets at whatever action…you hook them in on.…Join me in the next movie as we look at styling our theme.…
- Why build a theme from scratch?
- Creating a theme folder
- Creating the CSS and PHP files
- Adding a theme setup function
- Adding features and functionality to your child theme
- Styling the theme
- Adding content to widgets
- Making the theme responsive with media queries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Building a Theme
2. Setting Up Your Basic Theme Structure
3. Generating Site Features and Functionality
4. Building Out Your CSS
5. Going Further with CSS
6. Putting It All Together
Prepare your theme2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.