Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an email opt-in with Genesis eNews Extended, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- The last plugin we need to complete…our homepage configuration…is the Genesis eNews Extended plugin.…Once you've installed and activated the plugin,…you'll find a new widget under Appearance, Widgets,…called Genesis eNews Extended.…Let's go ahead and put that…in the Home - Bottom widget area.…We can give it a title…as well as some introductory text.…(keyboard clicking)…Now how you go about configuring…the rest of this widget will depend on…which email newsletter service you were using.…
Thankfully, Brandon Kraft, the author of this plugin,…has compiled a list of instructions…for various eNews providers.…So follow the instructions for whichever…provider you're using.…If you don't have a provider yet,…I recommend MailChimp.…They're free and easy to use..…Also, there's a great course in the lynda.com…library on MailChimp fundamentals.…For now, I'll just enter some placeholder…information and click save.…Since this is a demo, I won't set up an actual email signup.…Let's go check out our front page…and see how it looks.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.