Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Genesis Responsive Slider, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- Now that we have our plugins installed, let's start…by going through each of them and configuring them.…For starters, we've got the Genesis Responsive Slider.…That's the plugin we want to use in order to use…the home-featured widget on the home page.…Once you've activated the plugin,…you can get to the settings by going…to Genesis slider settings.…Now instead of actually sliding a bunch of content,…I'm just going to use a single page.…So instead of post, I'm going to select page.…I only want to include a single post ID,…and yes, even though it's a page, it does have a post ID.…
I'll show you have to find it.…Let's open up our pages in a new window,…and note that whenever you hover over…any of these links, you see a little preview…URL in the bottom left of your screen.…Part of that URL has a post, equals, and then a number.…That number is your post ID.…For my slider, I want to show off this welcome page.…Let me go ahead and show it to you real quickly.…I've got the post title, a little bit of content,…and then I've set a featured image.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.