Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Securing your site and managing spam, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Enabling comments on your posts or pages…is a great way to interact with your site visitors.…You can do that by going to the Genesis menu,…clicking on the Theme Settings…and going to the Comments and Trackbacks section.…You can enable comments either on post, pages or both.…Now while comments can be awesome…they're also a spam magnet.…So if you do decide to use comments…I highly recommend using some sort of a spam plug-in.…Now WordPress automatically comes installed…with the Akismet plug-in.…
It's fantastic, so I actually just recommend using it.…The only thing about Akismet is…you'll need an API key to use it.…So if we click on this…it'll take us to the Akismet page…where we can get our API key.…Now it's free for personal use…but there is a charge for businesses.…Once Akismet is up and running on your site…any spam comments that come in…will automatically be put in your Spam folder.…From there, you can check your Spam folder…to make sure nothing accidentally ended up in there,…and if not, go ahead and just click the Empty Spam button…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.