Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of suitable themes, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Based on the requirements we set out for this site,…I went searching for themes on StudioPress.com,…as well as some third-party sellers,…to see what themes could work for a restaurant site.…There are many themes available that could be used…for the site, and I'd like to show you three…that I think would work well for this course,…and possibly for your site. Each one is mobile-responsive…based on up-to-date coding standards,…and are from reputable sources. Let's take a look.…First, we've got Modern Studio available at StudioPress.com.…It's got a clean, fresh look, and I really like…the split navigation up top with the logo in the middle.…
It has multiple layout options and already has…nice styling in place for a contact form.…Also at StudioPress.com, we've got the Café Pro theme.…This one is specifically designed for a restaurant.…It's got lots of places to highlight beautiful photography…of your food, and has some homepage widgets…already styled with the menu in mind.…Finally, we have the swank theme.…It's a third-party theme by Pretty Darn Cute Designs,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.