Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of suitable themes, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- Based on the requirements we set out for this site,…I went searching for themes on studiopress.com,…as well as some 3rd party sellers,…to see what themes could work for a small business site.…There are many themes available…that could be used for this site,…and I would like to show you three…that I think could work well for this course,…or for your site.…All are mobile responsive,…based on up to date coding standards,…and are from reputable sources.…There is one thing I would like you to keep in mind…as we look at each of these themed demos.…Even though I am building a small business site,…not one of these themes is demoed for that style of site.…
But, any one of these could work for a small business.…When you are looking at themes, just use your imagination…to visualize your images and content.…First we've got Outreach Pro, available at studiopress.com.…It's got nice, clean lines, and I think…the homepage layout would be a…good fit for a small business.…The spot for a large image up top…would especially be great for a landscaping company.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam