Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of suitable themes, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- Based on the requirements we set out for this project,…I went searching for themes on StudioPress.com,…as well as some third-party sellers…to look for themes that would work for a photography site.…There are many themes available that…could be used for this site…and I'd like to show you three…that I think would work best for us.…All feature clean designs, display large images,…are mobile responsive and are based on…up-to-date coding standards and best practices.…There's one thing I want you to keep in mind…as we look at each of these theme demos.…
None of them are specifically demoed as a photography site,…but any of them could work for you.…Just use your imagination to…visualize your images and content.…Let's take a look.…First we've got Agency Pro, available at StudioPress.com.…It's got a nice focus on photography,…and a cool way to show off some blog posts up front.…It has multiple color schemes available as well as…multiple layouts that would work well for our site.…Next we have Ambiance Pro.…
This is a really clean, minimalist design…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam