Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of suitable themes, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Now that you have some ideas…on how to search for Genesis Themes,…I'll walk you through some themes that I've found…that I think could be a good fit…for this wedding site we're building.…There's something I want you to keep in mind…as we're looking at each of these theme demos.…None of them are specifically made to be a wedding theme,…but any of them could work for you,…so just use your imagination to visualize…your photography and content.…Let's look at each one.…We'll start with the Shine Theme from Oh, Hello Designs.…It's a really clean layout, sort of feminine,…and features this nice slider area up top,…and a widget area where you could put your own content,…maybe an announcement of when the wedding date is.…
By the way, a widget is just a small block…that performs a specific function,…and that area has been set aside in your theme…to display that widget area.…Further down the page, we have some blog posts…with featured images, and some more areas…where you can enter your own content.…It's a really nice theme.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site