Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of plugins for this course, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- Where themes control the look of your site…plug-ins are what add the extra bits of functionality…that don't come with word press out of the box.…Let's talk a bit about finding and selecting plugins.…Just like themes there's a lot of plugins…out there to choose from.…The best place to search for free plugins…is in the WordPress repository…which you can access at wordpress.org/plugins…or directly from your WordPress site.…There are also plenty of paid or premium…WordPress plugins on the web…but i'm not using any of them in this course.…
I like to search for plugins from…right within my WordPress site.…You can do the same by going to your…WordPress site getting into the Advent area…and then clicking on the plugins add new link.…Here you get a list of all the available plugins…from the WordPress.org plugin repository.…You get a quick overview for each plugin…including the name, a brief description…and who the plugin author is.…Now that you know where to find plugins…lets take a look at some of the plugins…I've selected to help with this site.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.