Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of plugins for this course, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- The next step in this project is to identify some plugins…to help us achieve our goals and requirements.…One of our requirements was to use captions on images.…Since WordPress already has this functionality built in,…we don't need a plugin for it.…And just as a reminder, to set image captions,…you can go to the "Media Library,"…select a photo, and edit the caption right there,…or you can also do the same to an image…if it's already embedded in a poster or page.…You just click and edit.…All right, that's one down.…
Another one of our requirements…was to add a pop-up feature to our photos,…so that whenever an image link is clicked,…it pops up and fills the screen.…To do this, I found a Lightbox plugin…called "Easy FancyBox" that does exactly that.…We'll take a look at installing and configuring…this plugin in more detail in the next movie.…In addition to the pop up feature for images,…we need a nice way to display…our image galleries in our portfolio.…Now there are a number of image gallery plugins available…for WordPress, but I've opted to use Jetpack for my site…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam