Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Restricting content access based on membership levels, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- So at this point, we have a way…for members to either register or login to our site.…We also have a way to restrict access to certain content…on the site based on the membership level.…Now, going back to our Forums,…that's listed as a benefit of membership.…So let's look at how we can restrict Forum access…only to certain membership levels.…Going back to our WordPress Dashboard,…we can select the Forum and then…look for the Simple WP Membership Protection.…If we'd like to make this content available…only to certain member types,…select, Yes. Protect this content,…and then select the members that you want to restrict it to.…
Now, if you don't want to restrict access…to the entire Forum, but only to certain topics,…you can set membership protection…on individual topics as well.…And these membership protection options…can apply to Posts, Events, and Pages as well.…Now, both bbPress and the Simple Membership Plugin…are very complex and large plugins.…At any point, if you get lost, be sure to check back…with the bbPress documentation…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.