Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Prepare your theme, part of WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch.
- Even though I'll be hearing the code for this theme…I built in the course up on GitHub,…it's not polished code that I used on a real project.…If you plan to use your theme…on a real project or distribute it,…you'll want to put your theme to the ringer, so to speak.…Here's some things you want to do.…You want to document your code.…Clean up your code.…Validate that your code works.…Check it across different platforms, devices and browsers.…And finally, check it for web accessibility.…Let's talk about each of these and a little bit more detail.…
- Why build a theme from scratch?
- Creating a theme folder
- Creating the CSS and PHP files
- Adding a theme setup function
- Adding features and functionality to your child theme
- Styling the theme
- Adding content to widgets
- Making the theme responsive with media queries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Building a Theme
2. Setting Up Your Basic Theme Structure
3. Generating Site Features and Functionality
4. Building Out Your CSS
5. Going Further with CSS
6. Putting It All Together
Prepare your theme2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.