Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Plugins to help complete theme setup, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Our wedding site is starting to look really good.…To finish out configuring the basics of this theme,…I wanna bring in a couple of plugins to help us out.…The first thing I want help with…is changing out this footer credits text.…Now, certainly, you could leave it as is,…but you might wanna put something else there.…I know I do.…There's a plugin called Genesis Simple Edits…that we're gonna go download…that'll help us take care of this without using any code.…So let's go to our WordPress admin.…There, we'll go to Plugins and Add New.…
Now, from this screen, we can search…the entire WordPress plugin directory.…So here's Genesis Simple Edits.…We'll go ahead and install it,…and activate it.…Now, once that's activated,…you'll see a new menu option called Simple Edits.…So Simple Edits does more than just change the footer text,…but that's all I'm going to use it for for now.…So I'm gonna check this box…to modify the entire footer output.…I'm gonna delete what they've got in there by default…and put in my own text.…
All right. So let's save that and take a look.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site