Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch.
- Well my friend,…you're now armed with the knowledge you need…to create a Genesis child theme from scratch.…I had a lot of fun creating this course…and I hope that you had fun learning with me.…You should feel confident about your ability…to continue exploring the world of theme development.…If you'd like to dig deeper into the customizations…that are possible with Genesis,…I'd recommend taking my course…on Customizing Themes with Genesis for WordPress.…Also, if you're curious to learn about other methods…of theme development,…you will love Morten Rand-Hendriksen's course on…WordPress: Building Themes from Scratch Using Underscores.…
So, thanks for watching and I'll see you next time.…
- Why build a theme from scratch?
- Creating a theme folder
- Creating the CSS and PHP files
- Adding a theme setup function
- Adding features and functionality to your child theme
- Styling the theme
- Adding content to widgets
- Making the theme responsive with media queries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Theme
2. Setting Up Your Basic Theme Structure
3. Generating Site Features and Functionality
4. Building Out Your CSS
5. Going Further with CSS
6. Putting It All Together
Prepare your theme2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.