Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- At this point in the course,…you should have identified the goals for your website,…and the basic needs to help you fulfill those goals.…With those in hand, let's start thinking…about the requirements for our site.…Requirements are those things that must happen…in order for us to achieve the goals we laid out.…They'll act as a guideline for our content creation,…and help us when looking for themes and plugins.…Really, the objective here is to help us determine…how to put our site together.…For the Leaf & Mortar site…here are the requirements I've chosen…to help define direction for the site.…
This is a business site, so I want it to reflect…the level of professionalism and expertise…the company offers.…That means I must have a clean, professional design.…And since I want to encourage customer inquiries,…I want to have a customizable home page…that's flexible enough to let me both welcome customers…and share coupons or specials.…This is a small team, with very specific expertise,…so I wanna have each person's bio stand out…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam