Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- In this movie, we're gonna have fun with spreadsheets.…That's right, a spreadsheet is a simple…but incredibly useful tool when it comes to…planning a new website.…For every major project, I like to create a spreadsheet…with a full site inventory.…A site inventory is a list of every major item…that will go on the website.…What it is, how it's organized in relation to other content,…what does it contain, that sort of thing.…By putting all of this info into a spreadsheet…you can use this document as a reference point…and stay organized throughout your project.…
As content is created you can check items off…or make notes about who's responsible for what content…if you're working with other people.…In addition to tracking content…this inventory can serve as a foundation…for your site architecture.…This will come in handy when you start…the practical build of your site…because now you have a list of exactly what you need…and where everything goes.…Once the inventory is complete,…go through each item and build it…and all associated content…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.