Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Now that you have the goals…for what you'd like to accomplish with your site,…it's time to think about the content.…Now this step isn't actually about creating the content.…We'll get to that soon enough, but rather…thinking through the content you'll need for the site.…So, keeping in mind your goals,…you'll wanna do a content inventory,…and it might look something like this.…Make a list of all the content you plan to put on your site.…This could be engagement photos,…the story of how you met,…links to your social media account,…all that good stuff.…
Next, you wanna determine what type of content that is.…Is it just text, or photos?…Or maybe you wanna show a PDF…of your wedding invite.…Finally, you wanna consider…how you'll display that content.…Now, this is just sort of a mental picturing…of where you wanna put things.…Another way to think of it, is your wedding registry.…Let's say that it's already out there,…and a few guests are already starting to send gifts.…So these are trickling in, and you're thinking…about how you're gonna use those in your new home,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site