Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Learn about WordPress with lynda.com, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Are you excited?…Your WordPress and Genesis DIY restaurant website is done.…Now that we've walked through the process together,…it's your turn to keep adding content to your site,…and tweak it so that it truly represents…you and your restaurant.…Like I mentioned at the beginning, this course is…part of the WordPress DIY series,…and now that you've wrapped up this course with me…focusing on WordPress and Genesis,…I encourage you to all check out Morten Rand-Hendriksen's…course on the same topic, only this time…using pure WordPress.…Even though we cover similar territory,…I can guarantee you'll learn something new.…
We've created a playlist for all the courses in the…WordPress DIY series, and you can find it…by visiting wpdiy.net, or by searching for…WordPress DIY in the lynda.com library.…If you're looking to learn more about…customizing Genesis themes, I encourage you…to check out another one of my courses in the…lynda.com library, Customizing Themes with…Genesis for WordPress.…Also since you've been building a restaurant site,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.