Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Learn about WordPress with Lynda.com, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- I hope you're excited.…Your WordPress and Genesis DIY community website is done.…Now that we've walked through the process together,…it's your turn to add content,…build out your blog, and tweak your site…to truly represent your community.…Like I mentioned at the beginning,…this course is part of the WordPress DIY series.…Now that you've wrapped up this course with me,…focusing on WordPress in Genesis,…I encourage you to also check out…Morten Rand-Hendriksen's course on the same topic,…only this time using pure WordPress.…
Even though we're covering similar territory,…I can guarantee you'll learn something new.…We've created a playlist for all the courses…in the WordPress DIY series,…and you can find it by visiting wpdiy.net.…Or, by searching in the lynda.com library…for WordPress DIY.…If you'd like to dive deeper…into working with the Genesis framework,…I encourage you to check out my course…in the lynda.com library,…Customizing Themes with Genesis for WordPress.…Finally, I'd love to hear from you…about how you've used what you've learned in my courses.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.