Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating a theme, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- In the last movie, we looked a three different themes…that would all work well for a small business site.…Now, it's time to pick the one we'll use for this project.…And who's the winner?…I picked Fernando.…It's a theme by Web-Savvy Marketing.…I really like the design elements on this front page.…Also, it comes with multiple color selections…so we can make some basic customizations…without touching any code.…And of course, it looks great on mobile devices.…Let me show you a cool trick to check out…how sites look on a mobile device…without actually having to check a bunch of mobile devices.…
Most modern browsers have developer tools built in…that allow you to preview…how a site looks on a mobile view port.…In this course, I'm using Chrome,…and can click on View: Developer and Developer Tools.…And then look for this little phone icon.…If you're using Firefox, check under the Tools menu…for Web Developer: Responsive Design View.…You might also need to refresh the page,…so that it paints correctly in the new view port size.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam