Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating a theme, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Alright, are you ready for The Big Reveal?…Out of the four themes I showed you in the last movie…I chose Cafe Pro from StudioPress.…I'll walk you through this theme…and tell you why I selected it.…For starters I love that it has this customizable home page.…It's got this widget area up top…where you can put a special message for your site visitors,…and then each of these is a widget area…where you can communicate whatever message you'd like.…Now this is little bit different…from say, the Beautiful Theme,…which the front page just shows a listing of latest posts.…
I just think for our site it's a little bit more interesting…to have this customizable home page.…Secondly, this theme really highlights photography…on the home page, which is perfect for a wedding site.…I know you'll have tons of great photos to show off…and I think this site will let you do that.…Lastly, this site looks fantastic on mobile.…And I'll show you a trick for how you can check out…how a site will look on a mobile device.…If you're in Firefox, you can simply go to Tools,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site