Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating Agency Pro, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- In the last movie we looked at three different themes…that would all work well for a photography website.…Now it's time to pick the one we'll use in this project.…And the winner is...…The Agency Pro theme by StudioPress.…I really like that this theme has such a nice focus…on both photography and typography, or the fonts used.…It comes with multiple color selections…so we can pick a color that we like…without having to do any customizations.…And lastly it looks fantastic on mobile.…
As a matter of fact,…if we go over to the StudioPress.com website,…shop for themes and then find the Agency Pro Theme page,…there's a spot where you can actually do…a mobile theme demo.…In the mobile demo you can see that…the navigation is collapsed into this single icon,…so depending on whether you need the menu…you can just get rid of it, or check it out.…Scrolling down, I really like the way it…resizes these images down and stacks them…instead of just going tiny side-by-sides.…
Additionally, I like that it keeps this background image…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.