Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying requirements for this type of site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Based on the goals and needs we've mapped out,…we can now identify the requirements for both…the content and the presentation of that content.…Requirements are those things that must happen…in order for us to achieve the goals…we already laid out.…They'll act as a guideline for our content creation…and help direct us when we go…looking for themes and plugins.…Really the objective is to help us determine…how to put our site together.…For Nadia's restaurant, here are the requirements…I've chosen to help define the direction for our site.…This is a family-owned business,…so I want the design to feel really warm and inviting…as opposed to corporate or official.…
And since I want to showcase my menu…and encourage customers to connect,…I want to have a customizable homepage…that's flexible enough to let me both welcome customers…and invite them to explore the menu.…Finally, I want the site content to look fantastic…whether it's viewed on a phone,…a desktop, or any other device.…That means I need to make mobile responsiveness…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.