Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying requirements for this type of site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- Okay, we've looked at our goals and needs…and outlined the requirements to give direction…to the rest of our project.…The next step is to perform a basic content inventory.…Now, this isn't necessarily the most fun part…of the project, but taking this ordered…step by step approach to building your site…will help you produce a much more awesome site…than if you just randomly threw things together.…So what is a content inventory?…Well in its simplest form it's a list of each piece…of content you'd like for your site…organized by the type of content.…
The easiest place to start is probably…to think about the navigation links you'd like to use.…So right off the bat, I know I want things like…a homepage, about page, and a contact page.…So in this step, I'm not actually creating any content,…we're just mapping out the content we'd need for the site.…Once you start to build your site,…you will love yourself for having this list to remind you…of what content you need to create…and give you an idea of how you'll organize it on your site.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam