Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying requirements for this type of site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- So far, you've thought through the goals for your website…and what type of content you want to include.…You may be thinking, "Carrie, let's get on with this!"…But trust me, we'll start building our site soon.…And when we do, you'll be glad you took time…to do a little planning for your site up front.…We've talked about goals and a content inventory.…Those are the whats.…Now we need to talk about the how.…This is where we put some meat on our ideas…and consider how we'll actually go about getting them done.…In WordPress, there are three basic ways to get things done.…
First, you can use the features…that are already baked into WordPress.…Next, if WordPress doesn't have what you need built in,…you can find a plugin to do what you need.…And then finally, if you can't find a plugin…that meets your needs,…you can always build a custom solution.…For this course, we'll focus on the first two,…using the features already built into WordPress…or finding a plugin that'll do the trick.…Let's talk about the requirements…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site