Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting people to visit your site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- View Offline
- At this point, you've worked really hard…to get your site looking beautiful and up online.…Now you want to invite visitors to come in, see your site,…and interact with your community organization.…In this movie, we'll talk about a few things you can do…to encourage some site traffic.…The first is to use some sort of SEO plugin.…Genesis actually comes with some good built-in SEO settings…out of the box.…You can get to those core settings here…under the Genesis menu.…Then on each individual poster page,…you'll see additional SEO options.…
Personally, I prefer the Yoast SEO plugin.…It has some nice visual cues…in the form of a yellow, green and red light…to help visualize how well your post is optimized…for your search engines.…If you'd like to learn more,…check out the WordPress SEO course…and specifically, the WordPress SEO by Yoast chapter…in the Lynda.com library.…After we've gone through and setup some basic SEO settings,…the next most important thing you can do…for your website to get traffic,…is to write regular, high-quality content.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.