Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting people to visit your site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- At this point you've worked really hard…to get your site looking beautiful and online.…Now you'd like to invite visitors to come in,…see your site, and contact you for business.…In this movie we'll talk about a few things you can do…to encourage your site traffic.…The first is to use some sort of SEO plugin.…Genesis actually comes with some built-in SEO settings.…There's the core settings here under the Genesis menu,…and then each individual post and page…has additional options.…If for some reason you don't see those options,…go up to the Screen Options tab on the right…and make sure Theme SEO Settings is checked.…
From there you can add things like your Document Title…or a Custom Meta Description.…While the Genesis SEO tool is actually pretty decent,…I prefer to use the Wordpress SEO tool by Yoast.…It's freely available from the WordPress.org repository,…and it's fairly easy to use.…Now there's nothing magical when it comes to SEO.…It's just about having good practices…and knowing how to do things right.…If you're new to SEO, I'd highly recommend browsing…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam