Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting people to visit your site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- At this point, you've got a fantastic-looking website.…And you went to all that effort to make it,…so let's tell the world about it.…The way you can do that is to take the URL of your site…and share it with absolutely anyone and everyone…you want to visit.…If you're sending out traditional invites,…or even a email invite to your wedding,…you could include the URL there…and you can also share the URL on social media…with your friends.…Even if they're not coming to the wedding,…they still might really enjoy seeing your photos.…
And don't think this site doesn't have any use…once the wedding's past.…This site can live on for a long time.…I would just recommend removing some…of the time sensitive elements,…like the RSVP and the guest info…and then at the top, instead of saying Save the Date,…you could just have the date of your wedding.…With those things done, you've created…a lasting memento on the web of your special day.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Managing spam1m 23s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.