Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a theme that meets your needs, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- As we saw briefly earlier,…themes are what allow us to change the appearance…and display of the front end…or the public side of our WordPress site.…While there are thousands upon thousands…of themes available for WordPress,…the field narrows quite a bit…when it comes to child themes…specifically for the Genesis framework.…Even so, there's still a great deal of choice available…and that can be really overwhelming…when you set about the process…of looking for your perfect theme.…So, in this movie, I'd like to show you…some things to keep in mind as you do your search.…
For starters, make a list of requirements…before your start your search.…This will help you narrow down your options quickly.…Secondly, know where to search…and realize that not all themes are created equal…in terms of quality and support.…Third, know there's a chance…that your perfect theme does not exist.…You have to be willing to either compromise…on some of the things you want…or spend the time and money it takes…to build a custom theme made just for you.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.